Hello friends and happy Friday to you… AND happy summer to me! I finished my summer class this morning and I am ecstatic! I just need to finish some EMT shifts before I can head home, back to PA.
In the mindset of having to travel back home, I was thinking about all the places I cannot wait to go one day. I love traveling, honestly it is one of my favorite things to do. I love trying to blend in and look like a local, but also experience all the tourist attractions as well as untouched treasures. I try to eat the local food and go to the main attractions each place is known for. Below are just some of the places I am dying to go some day. Hopefully each of them will be a possibility.
- Paris, France
- San Francisco, CA
- Rome, Italy
- Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, SC
- Galway, Ireland
- Barcelona, Spain
Those are just a small portion of places I want to go. I have such a love for travel and I want to see the world. I love pretty cities, sometimes preferring traveling to them over cliche tropical beaches (although I have a love for those too!). This list doesn’t even begin to cover all the places my heart longs to see. Where are places you are longing to go?
ALSO I am thinking of teaming up with the roomie Victoria to do a calligraphy piece giveaway. Let me know if you think that would be a fun idea!
Hello friends and happy Wednesday! I don’t know about you, but this week has been dragging on for me… and it’s only halfway done! This is my last week of my summer organic class so that means I have a final on Friday UGH. I am keeping a positive attitude though and trying my best so I can meet my goal.
As a break from my studying, I tend to scroll through Instagram too frequently. I just love pictures and lately everyone’s feeds have been on point! Everyone has been encompassing what I consider my aesthetic (embrace the basic right?).
So for this post, I thought I would share some pics and different accounts that I think should grace everyone’s feed.
@cristinawashere & @cristinawashere_food
Honestly, I had so much trouble narrowing it down to just these fav accounts. I am an insta junkie (as seen in the first picture of this post) and so many people take such good shots! If you want to do me a favor and give my blog Instagram, @thepatternedprep, it would be much appreciated so you can stay up to date on all things the Patterned Prep!
Who are some of your favorite instagramers?
Happy happy Monday friends! I know it’s a burden to get back into the work week, but you just gotta push through it. Find some small joy to get you psyched for the day.
A running joke lately on my snapchat story (which it’s possible only I enjoy or find funny, but hey maybe that’s my little joy) has been “basic girl say what.”
Everyone jokes about being basic and I thought what better way to celebrate that (rather than shame it) is to write a list of all things basic girls do. A favorite vlogger of mine made a video of her list of 100 things basic girls do (which you can watch here!) and I thought it was both amazing and hilarious (as well as spot on… I might be too basic).
Therefore, you should read the list and score yourself to see if you too should “say what.”
- You frequent coffee shops
- You own Adidas
- You own white converse
- You own Chacos
- You own Birkenstocks
- You love iced coffee
- You own black ripped skinny jeans
- You own something Lilly Pulitzer
- You have a candle obsession
- You cry every time you see a puppy
- You keep up with trendy phrases or dances
- You try to have an Instagram theme (follow my gram @thepatternedprep)
- You like Rosé
- You have a Spotify playlist that has “jams” in the title
- You watched (and loved) Gossip Girl
- You have used a bath bomb
- You have taken a picture of your food before you have eaten it
- You have gotten mad when you forgot to take a picture of your food after you already ate it
- You love Nicholas Sparks books
- You love Nicholas Sparks movies (bonus point if you have cried during them)
- You refer to your friends as a squad
- You care about snapchat streaks
- You love watching HGTV
- You watch the Bachelor(ette)
- You use VSCO to edit your pics
- You like avocados on everything
- You own or want overalls
- You have an iPhone
- You like specialty lattes
- You have tried to order from the secret menu at Starbucks
- Or tried their new trendy drinks just because they are trending
- You wear t-shirts way too big (honestly it is so much comfier)
- Bonus point if you prefer comfort colors
- You have taken a “candid” laughing photo that was totally planned
- You use the phrase “treat yoself”
- You’ve used boomerang
- You’ve boomeranged clinking drink glasses
- You post about snapchat holidays (i.e. national donut day)
- You have tried an acai bowl
- You have been to a farmer’s market
- You frequent Chipotle
- You’ve used the word “lit”
- You’ve danced it out to a pop song (Despacito anyone?)
- You’ve ombréd your hair
- You have gotten gel nails
- You own or want to own a record player
- You have a lot of monogrammed things
- You have an aesthetic
- You love succulents
- You wear chokers
- Your comforter is fluffy and white
- You have a lot of bed pillows
- You have had something to drink in a mason jar
- Your favorite meal is brunch (with mimosas)
- Your planner is color coded
- You’ve cried during a romantic movie
- You are on board with the athlesuire trend
- You have twinkle lights hanging in your room
- You frequent/ rave about target
- You love Trader Joe’s
- You have stickers on your laptop
- You’ve taken a sunset pic
- You’ve bought something just because it was “in”
- You’ve watched Grey’s Anatomy
- You’ve used a sheet face mask
- You own something Patagonia
- You’ve eaten kale
- You’ve eaten quinoa
- You’ve tried almond milk or put it in your iced coffee
- You like sushi
- You love Anthropologie
- You have a Vineyard Vines shirt or baseball hat
- You have an eno
- You are happy when you have Chaco tan lines
- You’ve worn an off the shoulder top
- You have used “#goals”
- You’ve worn a front button up skirt
- Marble is also your aesthetic
- You have a decorative element to your car keys
- You have taken a picture of your coffee with your car wheel
Well there are 80 things that could make you a #basic girl (say what!). I do not qualify for all of them, but a lot I want to try. Definitely watch Morgan Yates’ video for even more ideas to score yourself on. And if anyone wants to embrace the basic together, hit a girl up! What was your score from above? Comment down below!
TGIF for real though! I am so happy that it is the weekend. After three weeks of an organic class, I am itching for summer to actually be here. Just one more week! I keep thinking of all the fun that this summer will be filled with.
I am so ready to relax for a hot second before getting into work and other activities. Right after I finish my class, I get to go home for a bit before heading to Marco Island!!
One of my favorite things to do during the summer is relax on the beach. There is nothing better than the sand between your toes and the sun shining down.
I also cannot wait to spend some time in Delaware this summer too. I love visiting family and being able to spend time shopping or heading to the beach (shocker right?).
I am excited this summer to knock some things off my 101 in a 1001 list. I feel like it took a back burner with school and especially with this summer class. However, I am hoping to keep it in the back of my mind. I feel like a lot of things on there are not only good for my actual health, but a fair amount are good for my mental and social health as well.
There are definitely some activities I am looking forward to and maybe they will be your interesting enough for you to put on your summer bucket list…
- Take a spontaneous, unplanned road trip with friends
- Try a new coffee shop
- Do a photo shoot by the beach or in a cute town
- Host a brunch
- Read, read, read
- Go to a baseball game
- Workout more
- Learn something new (like paddle boarding or guitar)
- Journal, keep track of my adventures
- Watch less Netflix and get outside more (as I write this while watching Netflix and sitting in a coffee shop)
Those are just some simple ideas to try this summer. Some are from my bucket list, but I am hoping not just to sit around like a bum so I truly want to find a way to jump start these ideas.
I plan on up-ing my blog game too. I want to take more pictures (just like my June Mantra) because pictures are one of my favorite parts of blogging.
Honestly, this summer is a time a really want to work on being happy. Spending time doing things I enjoy with people I love is becoming a big deal to me as I am growing up.
So help me focus this summer. Hopefully, you can all be a reminder to me and I to you about finding our true happiness. How are you planning on spending your summer? Any fun recommendations?
Hello friends! As the month of May is ending (and shoutout Lauren for your 21ST!!!), I decided to start thinking ahead for next month. I feel like having a saying or a goal each month adds a certain aspect of importance and something to aim for. After my past monthly mantra (read that one here!), I decided to figure out my newest goal.
This coming month I thought of something that truly pertains to my personality. This month my saying, or more of a goal, is to take lots of pictures. And more specifically, to not care if they are aesthetically pleasing or good enough to be posted on some form of social media.
I just want to document everything. I love capturing moments. Whether it be the coffee I drank that day, the sunset during the golden hour, or candid laughter, I love being able to look back at a later date and see what was going on.
And as much as I love the aesthetically pleasing picture, sometimes that adds so much pressure. Sometimes the little imperfections make a picture more aesthetically pleasing or even more realistic.
I also just being able to look back at what was happening at my life at a certain time. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say and I say a picture is worth a thousand memories. Being able to look back years from now, when your memory might have changed a bit, is so much easier when you see the smile on your face.
I probably sound crazy talking so much about taking photos but it is something that makes me happy. When someone asks to take a picture with me, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy because to me, it means they want to capture the moment that we spent together. To me, I want to capture the people who had a lot of meaning in my life so I take it the same way when someone asks the same.
So next time when I feel ridiculous stopping on the quad to take a picture and capture the moment, I want to remember my mantra for this June. I want to make sure my memories are preserved forever.
Let me know if you decide to adopt this mantra for the coming month as well!
Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone is gearing up for a fabulous Memorial Day weekend. I know I cannot wait because I am headed to one of my favorite places… the beach! My family, two fabulous friends, and I are headed down to Delaware for the weekend. I’m hoping it won’t be too packed and the weather turns out to be nicer than my app is currently showing.
As May is coming to an end, I keep thinking about how crazy of a month it has been. From finishing spring semester to heading home for a bit only to come back to JMU for my EMT exam (which I passed so one more to go!) and Maymester, there has been a lot going on.
This month has also been filled with some new favs as well as some oldies but goodies!
- All of One Direction’s new solo songs // From Harry’s new sound to Liam with a lit jam and Niall with Slow Hands, I’m enjoying the variation from the old boyband songs. I even am pathetic and made a playlist on my Spotify with all of their solo songs together called “One Direction ???”. And don’t forget Harry’s carpool karaoke!
- Succulents // I planted some new succulent babies this month because I am a terrible plant mom and somehow killed the others. So here’s hoping the new ones live longer!
- All Natural Vanilla Almond Milk Coffee Creamer // Now, I am not usually one for almond milk (for some reason I’m not a huge fan of certain health fads) but this creamer makes me feel like the healthiest coffee drinker in the world. When I use it, I don’t even use sugar any more which I say is a big leap in the coffee world of the Patterned Prep.
- Off the Shoulder tops, dresses, and rompers // As my sister pointed out when we were shopping earlier this month, I love love love the off the shoulder trend. I only own two shirts and one romper in the style yet every time I go shopping I swear I fall in love instantly if I see that a shirt has that style.
- Sweater hoodies // I had been desperately searching for this since I saw a bunch of my favorite bloggers and vloggers with one. Finally, I was shopping and American Eagle answered my prayers. I have been wearing it every day that I can. It is super soft and comfy yet able to make a cute outfit without being such a bum.
Those are some favs for the month of May. Has there anything you have been loving this month that I should try out?
Happy hump day y’all! How is everybody doing?
With summer approaching and lots of time on everyone’s hands, I figured why not share some of my favs to watch on Netflix! I’m kind of a Netflix junkie (and just movie junkie in general) so this list could be extensive so I am going to bold my favorites but pretty much list everything (I can) that I have watched.
- Gilmore Girls (both old and new)
- Grey’s Anatomy
- The Crown
- Call the Midwife
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- How to Get Away With Murder
- Once Upon a Time
- How I Met Your Mother
- One Tree Hill
- New Girl
- Baby Daddy
- Thirteen Reasons Why
- Lie to Me
- Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23
- The Carrie Diaries
- The Night Shift
- Gossip Girl
- Madam Secretary
- Jane the Virgin
- Chasing Life
As you can tell, I sound thoroughly addicted. Also, the fact that most of those are bolded should speak to how easily entertained I am. Honestly, I usually end up loving shows at the beginning and binge-watch a lot of them but slowly lose interest (note some of the unbolded ones).
Anyone have any recommendations? What are some of your favs?