I recently discovered the Daily Mix option on Spotify and let me just tell you I’m in love with it. I’m constantly in the mood for a specific type of music and have trouble picking the exact song I like. Whether I am looking for a workout playlist, some music for driving that makes you feel like you’re in a music video, or something to dance it out with, this option has definitely been helping. Here are some songs (in no particular order) that I’ve been crushing on as the best month ever is just beginning!
- Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran // Ok I’m gonna be real here. For those of you that know me, you know that I LOVE Ed with all my heart. So as soon as this song (and another on my top 10) came out and with a music video, ah I was hooked.
- Homegrown by Zac Brown Band // With all of this cold weather, I have been listening to the Zac Brown Band on repeat. There’s just something about beachy, country music that warms my soul and makes me forget about the dropping temps a little bit.
- Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara // Y’all this is such an empowering song. In the type of world we are in today, hearing songs about powerful body image is so encouraging for all the ladies out there.
- Dirty Water by Lecrae // I discovered this song today while shuffling Lecrae during my run (trying to reach that workout goal). All of the 116 artists have such lit music. I love being able to have a fun beat to workout to while also hearing that Jesus musik (another fav Lecrae song!).
- BO$$ by Fifth Harmony // Is it Fourth Harmony now? This song is such a fun dance song and makes me so C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T (not to quote the song or anything). Definitely been caught dancing around my room to this song.
- I Like The Sound Of That by Rascal Flatts // Rascal Flatts is always a classic. Great for those long car rides or just hanging out in your room. I definitely like the sound of that (that being this song).
- Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran // I told you I’m a little Ed obsessed. I love how many lookalikes Ed finds for his music videos. I cannot wait for the Divide album to come out on March 3rd (I will be listening to it nonstop in BVI for spring break)!
- Perm by Bruno Mars // Let me just tell you, the LIT house has this playing 24/7 (and no we are not tired of it yet). Forget your instagram and your twitter and go listen to this song now!
I hope you enjoy at least one of these songs! I’m definitely up for more suggestions; I literally listen to all kinds of music so comment below and let me know more I should check out!