Alright friends. Have you just had one of those Monday’s where it feels like the day last approximately four years? I feel like that is how today went for me. I woke up with the beginning of a cold and just needed coffee. After a long day of classes, I just needed to come home and kick back.
Luckily a great part of Monday’s is the Bachelor. Although I am not a huge fan of this season, I still cannot help but watch. Hometown’s are always a fun episode (even though we already know who goes home *ahem* Rachel).
But if you are not a Bachelor fan, here are some easy ways to relax after a long Monday.
- Light your fav candle. I cannot tell you how relaxed I feel after even lighting a candle. Just the peacefulness of it flickering in my room brings me so much joy.
- Plug in those Christmas lights. You know they are in every college aged girl’s room at the moment so go plug them in and see how much more relaxed you feel with that and your candle going.
- Pick out your favorite mug and drink some tea. There is nothing better than grabbing that cute little mug (Meredith Grey would totally approve this message) and steeping some sleepy time tea to calm the nerves.
- Put on a face mask. Face masks are so good for both your skin and for your soul. My current favorite is the Mask of Magnaminty from Lush. It smells so good and feels amazing once you wash it off (plus it is self preserving and lasts for months!).
- Play some Norah Jones. Or whatever music relaxes you. Lately, I have been playing Norah Jones on spotify and she is just so calming. I feel like I should be slow dancing with my future husband every time I listen to her.
- Journal or spend some time with Jesus. Even if you aren’t religious, even just taking time to reflect on your day by journaling is helpful. You can also go back and see how far you have come. Personally, I love being able to apply what God has been teaching me that day to what I read in the bible.
- Go for a late night food run. One of the best things is being able to go with the Lit house to Cookout for some milkshakes and fries. It is always a sure way for a good laugh, good food, and good company.
- Wear your favorite pair of pjs. Sometimes it is just so relaxing to throw on that big tee or your favorite sweater/sweatshirt and curl up with your journal and that cup of tea.
- Cuddle with your dog. Or cat or fish ya know whatever works. I miss having my pups at school to love on. I always love being able to pet them and get all of the puppy kisses.
- Slip on those fuzzy socks. As an avid fuzzy sock lover, it is a great feeling to put on your fluffiest pair of socks (or slippers) to keep those toes warm. (It also makes me happy to slide across my floor in them haha).
I hope you guys can find so much joy in the little things this Monday evening. Try out a couple of these. Also, if you have any suggestions to beat the Monday blues let me know!! Enjoy the rest of your day!