Happy Wednesday lovelies! I hope y’all are gearing up for a wonderful day and hopefully taking a moment to enjoy yourselves. Personally, I am so ready for spring! I am getting so giddy seeing all the new fashion trends and so ready to not have to wear ten layers every time I go outside.
I am slowly but surely prepping myself for the actual arrival of spring (not just in date’s sake but also in feeling). Here are 10 ways that I am getting ready to welcome in such a beautiful time of year:
- Buy yourself some flowers // I know one thing that always brightens my day is having some fresh cut flowers in my room. They make everything look so clean and new. PLUS you should treat yourself every once in a while and flowers are such a classic way to do this.
- Find a spring playlist // I for one have been obsessed with country lately so when I found Lonestar Southern’s spring country playlist, I was hooked. ALSO my sister and I finally figured out how to make a collaborative playlist on Spotify premium so I highly recommend making one with your friends or family as a way to brighten a spring day.
- Break out your favorite spring clothes // I know the transition from winter to spring clothes is a difficult one (it’s extremely hard when it is 30 degrees at 8 am but 65 at 12). I highly recommend layering a cardigan with a tank and maybe put away those bulky riding boots to trade out for some shorter booties or converse. And don’t forget to break out those floral prints and pastel pieces (florals for spring? groundbreaking.)
- Spring clean everything! // One thing I know is both loved and dreaded is spring cleaning. Personally, I love organizing everything and ridding my life of the excess junk. I always tend to go through my closet and get rid of things I did not wear all winter and try to figure out if I really need to hold onto that one unnecessary piece of paper. It is also a good time to deep clean everything so break out those Clorox wipes and vacuums!
- Perfect a new smoothie recipe // To me, smoothies scream spring. There is just something about whipping up a frozen treat that is comforting during spring. My personal fave is blueberries, strawberries, banana, and vanilla greek yogurt with a splash of milk. If you want to try something different, pinterest always has a ton of recipes to try out (let me know which ones you have tried in the comments below!)
- Get your blood pumping by exercising // Not only should you spring clean your house but “spring cleaning” your body by enjoying nature or going for a run is good for you too! Try going for a walk in your local park or testing out a new fitness class at your gym.
- Shop for new spring clothes // I know this one I am definitely excited for. Every fashion blogger has been inspiring me lately with their adorable outfits. I also may have looked at Old Navy’s spring sale the other day and I must say I am head over heels! I want to go look at everything in person (Anyone at JMU up for a shopping day soon?) and hopefully my bank account won’t experience any spring cleaning.
- Break out that new sweet candle (or buy one!) // I am a big advocate for candles making everything softer, happier, and more peaceful. I am starting to break out my fruity and floral candles for spring that will hopefully lift my mood each time I light one.
- Find out when your local farmer’s market starts up // Spring is time for fresh fruits and veggies. There’s nothing better than putting on a cute sundress and heading over to your local farmer’s market for all of the freshness. I know I need to check when mine is but I know as soon as it warms up, I am guaranteed to be there.
- Rest // As spring comes around, I know my energy is usually heightening with the weather change but also decreasing as the semester kicks into overload. One thing I am trying to remind myself is to rest in God as well as take the well deserved breaks you need to be able to complete everything you need to.
I hope you are all as excited for this time of year as I am. What are some ways you like to ring in spring?