Happy Monday lovelies! Today actually feels like a beautiful spring day… FINALLY! I know this week is finally the week that everything calms down a little bit for me with the most important things just being a lot of group meetings to go to. This week I’m starting a goal on my 101 in 1001 list (click here to read that post!) by being a vegetarian for a week. Be expecting a blog post on my experience and with some recipes next Monday.
As the week begins, I thought I would start off trying to get rid of the rainy Monday blues with a morning routine/ways to make your morning more pleasant (thanks to all of you that answered my survey about what you would like to read! If you didn’t get the chance to answer and want to, check out my editing pics post here to go submit your response).
My Monday classes do not start until 9:05 (which is honestly the way to go for those of you scheduling college classes). Personally, I have to set like 6 alarms every morning mainly because I do not want the risk of oversleeping. Usually I set them starting at an hour before I have to leave to head to campus but I don’t always get out of bed then (let’s be real I never get out of bed on the first alarm).
My routine usually goes something like this…
7:20 – first alarm goes off *hits snooze immediately*
7:30 – actually gets up and gets going
7:35 – check the weather and pick out my OOTD
7:45 – put on makeup
7:55 – make breakfast
8:10 – brush teeth and pack backpack
8:20 – out the door and to campus we go!
I for one have so much trouble getting out of bed in the morning so here are some tips and tricks for making your Monday mornings a little more enjoyable.
- Open your blinds // There’s nothing better than using some natural light to wake you up. I know my room always looks more peaceful and sets the tone for a better day when I let the sunlight in.
- Play calming music // One of my favorite ways to set the mood for the day is playing one of my acoustic playlists on Spotify. It’s so calming to hear some of my fav songs as acoustic covers and listen to the quality of the artist’s voice.
- Drink some coffee/tea in your favorite mug // This mug addict gets so much joy in choosing a pretty cup with my favorite coffee (Nantucket blend from Green Mountain coffee is my fav Keruig k-cup). I also recently found a new creamer, Sweet Italian Cream, that makes my morning pick me up that much more tasty.
- Spend time with the King // One of the best ways to set the tone for the day is spending some much needed time with Jesus, whether that be praying or reading the bible.
- Actually get up on your first alarm // I am so guilty of not doing this but I realize when I actually get up once that first buzz goes off, I am more relaxed. I have so much more time and can stress less about trying to pick the right outfit or grabbing a granola bar to go instead of sitting to eat breakfast when I actually give myself the time to get going. Plus, then I have time to actually use these tips and spend some time for myself in the AM.
I hope you guys are able to enjoy this beautiful Monday morning we have been given. This post was kind of rushed due to having to prepare a presentation for tomorrow but I will try to incorporate more routines into some posts! What’s your favorite way to get going on Monday mornings?