Happy Friday friends! I hope you have been enjoying the day so far and taking time to be grateful for the summer time we have.
One thing in the summer I am grateful for is having time to read! I love reading but never find time or the will to read during the school year. Pretty much, all of my reading happens by a beach or a pool nowadays. So I am always looking for new books to read. I decided to browse Barnes and Noble to pick out some more I want to get into this summer.
- The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand // I’m a sucker for cheesy summer books, especially those based in Nantucket. I found myself reading more and more of these types of books, almost like they are the adult version of the cheesy teenage romances I used to read (and still have a guilty pleasure for).
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly // This kind of book kind of makes my Downton Abbey heart leap for joy. I love stories like this that are based in the past but I still find something to relate to in.
- Same Beach, Next Year: A Novel by Dorothea Benton Frank // As you can see, I’m sticking with the cheesy summer novels for the win. Honestly, they are so fun and I don’t care if anyone hates haha
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst // I have been wanting to read this book for a while (as everyone is) so I figured this summer would be the time to do it.
- Secrets in Summer by Nancy Thayer // Finishing off this short summer reading list, coming back in with another stereotypical summer book. Honestly just my genre of choice.
I hope to possibly read these books as this summer continues on. For now, I have a couple others I need to get into.
Do you have any book recommendations/ what are some on your reading wishlist?